Andersen Genève x Edward Sexton OnlyWatch 2021
The “Quotidiana” is the outcome of a collaboration between two world-class masters of the art of bespoke: ANDERSEN Genève, makers of exquisite timepieces, and Edward Sexton, the celebrated London tailor.
Founded in 1980, ANDERSEN Genève is renowned for its ingenuity and craftsmanship, often working on a bespoke basis for collectors worldwide. Edward Sexton, a legendary figure on Savile Row since 1969, continues to make garments of unprecedented quality, defined by beautiful handcraft and his trademark twist of English eccentricity.
These masters in their fields have combined to create a watch of rare charm and character. Beneath Sexton’s needle-and-thread signature at 12 o’clock is a disc of 21ct BlueGold, displaying the days of the week in constant motion. You are invited to delight in the present as the days pass by in real time, on a timepiece exhibiting the supreme artistry and elegance central to the work of these celebrated ateliers.
It combines a unique collaborative vision with the skills of artisan case-makers, watchmakers, hand engravers and guilloché masters.
Since 1980, ANDERSEN Genève has been creating high-end timepieces for collectors. Its work combines incredible ingenuity with beautiful craftsmanship, much of it produced on a bespoke basis for clients wanting something personalised or completely unique. ANDERSEN Genève has been developing watches of significant complexity and beauty. In particular, it has become famous for its series of Worldtime editions, which trace their DNA back to the complication’s inventor, Louis Cottier, via Svend Andersen’s time working at Patek Philippe.
Another famous achievement is the “Secular Perpetual Calendar”, the ANDERSEN Genève complication requires no adjustment up to 2400. With a small team working in the heart of Geneva, only a few dozen timepieces leave the Atelier every year; fewer than 1,500 timepieces have been manufactured since 1980. ANDERSEN Genève has been a driving force at the heart of independent watchmaking for four decades. Its aim remains the same: to support a deep passion that’s shared between its watchmakers and knowledgeable collectors alike.
ANDERSEN Genève x Edward Sexton OnlyWatch 2021
Unique piece for Only Watch 2021
- Material: Bi-colour red and white gold case with flutes (or cannelures), manufactured by traditional means (without CNC machining)
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Thickness: 9 mm
- Glass: Two double-sided anti-reflective sapphire glasses.
- Caseback: Hand engraved 18ct red gold case-back.
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
Dial and hands
- White gold “Losanges Magiques” (magic lozenge) hand guilloché dial with two windows.
- One window at 12 o’clock to display days of the week: Dimanche, Montag, Tuesday, Mercoledi, Jueves, Joum'a, Shabbat.
- The other at six o’clock to display the date. “A” shaped ANDERSEN Genève hands in red gold.
- Frédéric Piguet 11.50 double barrel automatic movement, with 18ct yellow gold rotor decorated with “gran d’orge” (barley grain) hand guilloché pattern.
- Dates and days mechanisms developed and manufactured in the ANDERSEN Genève Atelier.
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Number of jewels: 28 jewels
- Power reserve of 72 hours.
Strap and buckle
- Hand-stitched leather strap with red gold buckle.
MSRP: Up for auction
Estimate: CHF 60'000 - 70'000
For more information, please visit onlywatch.com