Bell & Ross BR 05 GMT White
The BR 05, created in 2019, is a watch designed to walk the avenues of large cities and their museums. The BR 05 GMT White is a variant, suitable for travelling. This watch has two strong characteristics: a GMT complication and an opaline white dial. This timepiece is not only practical, with its indication of a dual time zone, it is also attractive, with its great distinction. Pilots, businessmen or globetrotter - all regulars at airport terminals -, are among the brand’s clients. Ideal for international travellers, these pieces find its natural habitat on a flight whether you are travelling to Rio, Nassau or Bamako.’
A useful complication for frequent travellers
“The GMT is a common complication in watchmaking. It is one of the most useful functions that provide real practical information. It allows the display of the time of two time zones. In this sense, it fulfils the needs of air travellers”, recalls Bruno Belamich, Artistic Director of Bell & Ross. It gives them the advantage of having the time of their places of departure and arrival simultaneously.
“The GMT is a great success with our clients”, says Bruno Belamich. “We are launching this new BR 05 GMT White version, in order to respond to this strong interest.”
On this variant, the second time zone hand completes one revolution of the dial in 24 hours. It displays the time via a 24-hour scale, painted on the flange ring. This element is painted in two different tones: one for the day (between 6am and 6 pm) and the other for the night (between 6 pm and 6 am).
Usually, the traveller chooses the GMT hand to display the time of the departure time zone. Users generally prefer the central hour and minute hand to read the time in the time zone where we are. The GMT White is powered by the self-winding BR-CAL 325 calibre.
A short chronology of a successful collection
The GMT complication has been fitted to the BR 05 range since 2021. The new family transports the aviation inspired pieces of the brand into a new urban scenario, in the heart of the city. Its design embraces the brand’s iconic ‘circle within a square’ shape but in a refined, softened version. The angles are rounded, and the bracelet fits into the case. The two elements form an elegant whole.
The GMT White is part of the BR 05 range which is structured as below:
- In 2019, the collection is launched via a classic three hands with a 40 mm case.
- In 2020, a chronograph is added in 42 mm diameter. It is the star complication of the aviation world.
- In 2021, a first BR 05 GMT with dual time zone appears. Its case measures 41 mm and features a black dial. Its movement animates its 4 central hands.
- In 2022, the BR 05 GMT White with a white dial joins the range. It has four hands, for the hours, minutes, seconds and the second time zone. The GMT indication is displayed via an arrow-shaped hand that reads immediately
The beauty of opaline white
White is a common colour in watchmaking. It is however quite rare within the Bell & Ross range. This shortcoming has been remedied with this BR 05 GMT White which follows on from the first BR 05 GMT with a black dial. “After testing quite a few different shades, we chose the most precious white”, explains the artistic director of Bell & Ross, ”the choice fell on a metallic white, galvanised with a particular texture”. This metallic effect goes perfectly with the metal case. “This type of white is more valuable than painted whites. The tint has silver reflections, very slightly pearly. Its matt finish is both subtle and sophisticated”, adds the Director. Called opaline, this shade gives it a dressy style.
The BR 05 GMT White also features red tones. In general, this colour is used to convey important information. In watchmaking, it often adorns the GMT hands, as is the case here. This red hand indicates a second time zone, displayed on a 24-hour scale with day/night indication. Red is the perfect partner for paline white.
A covering with precious finishes
The 41 mm case of the BR 05 GMT White is entirely made of steel. Its finishes alternate between polished and satin-brushed.
The hour and minute hands, numerals and indexes are covered with photo-luminescent superluminova. Legibility, a concept dear to Bell & Ross, is therefore guaranteed day and night.
The open caseback with sapphire crystal, characteristic of the BR 05 family, allows the original oscillating weight to be admired at 360°. Its design is inspired by a sports car rim.
“Clients appreciate the date function”, says Bruno Belamich. “On this new model, this indication takes place in a large aperture at 3 o’clock”.
Designed in steel, the integrated bracelet adopts a satin finish. Only the centre attachment links are polished. A second rubber strap is available, for a more sporty style and a more attractive price.
Bell & Ross BR 05 GMT White
- Material: Satin-finished and polished steel
- Dimensions: 41 x 41 mm
- Thickness: 11.07 mm
- Crystal: sapphire with anti-reflective coating
- Screw-down crown. Crown guard.
- Sapphire case-back with 360° oscillating weight
- Water-resistant to 100 meters
Dial and hands
- Silver opaline
- Numerals and indices coated in Super-LumiNova®
- Rhodium-plated satin-finished and silvered semi-matt two-colour flange, with 24-hour scale
- Metal skeletonised Super-LumiNova®-filled hour and minute hands
- GMT hand with red Super-LumiNova®-filled skeletonised triangular point
- Automatic mechanical
- Hours, minutes, central seconds, second 24-hour time zone and date.
- Quick setting of the GMT hand, independently of the hour hand.
Strap and buckle
- Strap: black rubber or satin-finished and polished steel.
- Buckle: folding. Satin-finished and polished steel
- EUR 4'800 (rubber strap)
- EUR 5'300 (steel bracelet)
For more information, please visit bellross.com