Byrne GyroDial “Indo Arabique” in Petroleum Green
A watch with a new dial every day?
At midnight or noon every day (or when the wearer wishes), the 4 cardinal indices – at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock – rotate to reveal a different face. Hindu-Arabic, Roman, Arabic numerals or ‘phantom’ indices – the switch happens in a flash, giving the watch a completely different look each time.
3 years of research and development in Fleurier, Switzerland went into bringing this patented animation complication to life.
The Byrne GyroDial gives its wearer the feeling of owning a different watch every day, of being able to change appearance in a flash. It explains Byrne’s motto: "Change your mind in a flash".
For 2023, BYRNE WATCH proposes a limited edition with Hindu-Arabic numerals on a mesmerizing dial in deep, petroleum green: the GyroDial “Indo Arabique”.
One watch, four looks. With this bespoke approach to the movement, Byrne Watch invents the evolving watch. Every day at noon, midnight or on demand, the four main indexes on the GyroDial “Indo Arabique” switch to reveal a different face: Hindu-Arabic, Roman and modern Arabic numerals as well as phantom indices are respectively depicted on one face of the four rotating cuboids positioned at the cardinal points, flush with the dial; the switch from one to the other happens instantaneously, in a flash. The 311 case, like the caliber 5555, was entirely designed, developed and manufactured in Switzerland for the GyroDial.
Embedded in the supple curves carved into titanium, the dial with its straight-grain finish gives off a contemporary and very racy aesthetic.
A dial in hypnotic green, symbolizing paradise in the Arab world and peace in the Hindu world.
To celebrate 2023, Byrne Watch is launching a new watch: the GyroDial “Indo Arabique” in a 311 case with a straight grain brush-finished, green rhodium-plated dial, with almost imperceptible blue, turquoise,sometimes slightly purple reflections. A deep green that has always symbolized par paradise in the Arab world and happiness, peace and harmony in the Hindu world.
Each patient, painstaking gesture of satin-brushing the dial to achieve that mesmerizing straight grain finish, its shines through the rhodium plating – the ultimate stage in the finishing process, one of the Byrne hallmarks that also gives the brand’s timepieces their particular appeal. Along the dial’s periphery, engraved minute markers in subtle relief; this, too, accomplished prior to rhodium plating.
“It's impossible to determine the exact nuance of color until the rhodium plating stage is completed at the end of the process,” says John Byrne, watchmaker and co-founder of the eponymous brand. “We attach immense importance to our dials, which are never painted, only rhodium-plated. This brings a singular design to our watches, with a sleek, contemporary look that has become our hallmark.”
Every year, Byrne Watch has the ambition of presenting a limited series that refers to the current year: for 2023, thus, an edition limited to 23 pieces.
There is whimsy in the way John Byrne works. He wanted to bring a vibrant color to the collection, but the artistic sensibility goes beyond the fact green that deeply rooted in the Hindu-Arabic worlds; there is also the personal fascination for the design of the characters from these cultures, both aesthetically and graphically.
As with every Byrne Watch, the crown spotlights the model’s dominant theme: on the GyroDial “Indo Arabique” it could only be the Hindu-Arabic “zero”.
The Orient, the West, Swiss excellence, Hindu-Arabic culture... this limited edition brings together several worlds, a marvelous synthesis between artistic watchmaking, aesthetic sensibility for details and technical complexity that defined a new emotional space.
2024 will undoubtedly bring us new surprises, numbering 24 pieces. A new dial, new face, new color…the creativity of Byrne Watch is boundless.
Byrne GyroDial “Indo Arabique” in Petroleum Green
Limited edition of 23 pieces
- Material: Grade 5 titanium, made in Le Locle, Switzerland
- Diameter: 41.7 mm x 48.1 mm
- Thickness: 14.45 mm
- Crystal: Box sapphire, antireflective coating
- Caseback: Box sapphire, antireflective coating
- Water resistance: 5 ATM , equivalent to 50 meters
- Crown: Screw-down with engraved Hindu-Arabic “zero”
- Finish: Straight grain brush finish by hand, petroleum green rhodium treatment, turquoise reflections
- Minute track: Engraved minute markers, 5-minute markers filled white Super-LumiNova® GYRODIAL
- Four faces: Hindu-Arabic characters in white Super-LumiNova®; Roman numerals in silver Super-LumiNova®, Arabic numerals 3, 6, 9 in white Super-LumiNova®; and phantom indices
- Hands: Sword-shaped, straight grain brush-finished by hand, green rhodium-plated, contoured in Super-LumiNova®
- Caliber: Swiss made, developed in Fleurier at LTM 5555, mechanical, self-winding
- Finishes: Brass plates and bridges, straight-grain satin-brush finished, rhodium-treated, offset Côtes de Genève decorations, chamfering and finishing by hand
- Number of parts: 261
- Number of jewels: 42
- Diameter: 30.00 mm
- Height: 9.90 mm
- Power reserve: 60 hours
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Hours, minutes
- Rotating cardinal indices, instantaneous change at midnight or noon every day, or on demand
Strap and buckle
- Strap: Smooth, grey-green calfskin, integrated curved inserts (made to measure)
- Buckle: Grade 5 titanium
- Warranty: 3 years
- EUR 18'500 / CHF 18'500 / USD 19'500
For more information, please visit byrnewatch.com