Charles Gerardier 1809 Tribute to Jackson Pollock “Fusion Enamel” Unique Piece for Only Watch
Charles Girardier is proud to participate to the charitable Only Watch 2021 to be held November 6, 2021. The proceeds of this auction go towards the research on therapies against the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. This
initiative is being managed by the “Association Monégasque contre les Myopathies AMM”.
Charles Girardier will contribute to this auction by donating a timepiece of Art made on purpose for this noble cause: 1809 Tribute to Jackson Pollock “Fusion Enamel” Timepiece of Art Flying Tourbillon & Rotating Mysterious Signature Unique Piece for ONLY WATCH.
Inspired by Charles Girardier's legacy of playful mechanical complications, the « 1809 » Tribute to Jackson Pollock, features a triple innovation:
- Flying Tourbillon with a unique Peripheral Rotor : single ball bearing ultra-silent !
- Rotating Mysterious Signature : a Charles Girardier 1780 playful unique patent
- Fusion Enamel : a patented secret !
This mechanical triple ballet is enhanced by an impactful hand-made "Fusion Enamel", dial a unique craftsmanship literally merging into pure contemporary Art. Almost 6 days only to create this “Only Watch” dial…
- At 6 o'clock, a one-minute flying tourbillon enhanced by a set tourbillon cage, with a unique Peripheral Rotor with an ultra-silent single ball bearing!
- At 12 o'clock, the playful, poetic and animated "Rotating Mysterious Signature" features the Charles Girardier Monogram with an interlaced C and G moving when you read the time, following the movement of your wrist. The energy required for this ballet is provided by an oscillating weight dedicated to this complication and hidden under the dial: a Charles Girardier Patent.
Our exclusive one-of-kind automatic Flying Tourbillon movement captures the energy with up to 46 hours power reserve. The movements of life and creativity encapsulated in a unique zero-gravity timekeeper…
Last but not least, Charles Girardier offers to the highest bidder the personalization of the “Rotating Mysterious Signature” with his own Initials or lucky number! A unique watch for Only Watch and fully personalized!
For this Charles Girardier “1809 Tribute to Jackson Pollock - Only Watch” unique piece, we chose to create a singular dial with a very rare technique by hand called "Fusion enamel", a « high fire enamel » craftsmanship, and a “tribute” to the famous artist Jackson Pollock legacy.
For this Only Watch unique piece, we chose to create a dial with a very unique technique called "Fusion Enamel" which results to a quite similar appearance with the action painting in contemporary art. We wanted to express creativity and enlarge our vision of Enamel with an artistic approach which makes this dial colourful, eternal and unique.
Using traditional craftsmanship, we are reinterpreting it by creating an explosion of colours and shapes on a gold plate just as Jackson Pollock did using oil and enamel on canvas. A secret patent covers our “Fusion Enamel”: it is all about various temperature techniques around 800 Celsius degrees and art craftmanship. Secret remains secret…
Charles Gerardier 1809 Tribute to Jackson Pollock “Fusion Enamel” Unique Piece for ONLY WATCH
Unique piece for Only Watch 2021
- Material: 5N rose gold
- Diameter: 41 mm
- Thickness: 12.20 mm
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
Dial and hands
- Grand Feu enamel magnified with "Fusion Enamelling secret technique": a secret patent
- Applied 18K rose gold indexes “Dauphine” shaped hands
- “Rotating Mysterious Signature Proprietary mechanical complication “trademark (registered for patent)
- Exclusive caliber CG 1809
- Flying tourbillon with automatic winding by bidirectional peripheral rotor: single ball bearing ultra-silent!
- Diameter: 13 ½''', 30.6mm
- Frequency: 28'800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve of 46 hours
- Hours, minutes, tourbillon.
Strap and buckle
- Traditional Woven Ribbon : Woven by hand on ancient Jacquard loom.
- 18K Red Gold 5N 2- blade folding clasp with 4-position adjustment system
MSRP: Up for auction
- CHF 75'000 to 90'000
- EUR 82'000 to 99'000
- USD 67'000 to 81'000
For more information, please visit onlywatch.com