Frederic Jouvenot "Helios Carbon" Limited Edition
Frederic Jouvenot collections take inspiration in the intimate play between light and darkness, and this “Helios Carbon” limited edition makes no exception using forged carbon to highlight the very complex and patented jumping-hour complication.
A revolutionary hour display system
The “Helios” collection pays a tribute to the Greek mythologies, being the very first hour display over 24 hours that shows the sun’s path and the alternation of night and day.
Result of a 2-year R&D and several patents, the whole jumping-hour complication mechanism is enclosed in a central 12 mm capsule which contains no fewer than 100 parts, including 24 rubies which will activate the hour’s jumping beams.
12 forged-carbon micro-structures
Limited to 88 pieces, the “Helios Carbon” dial is made of 12 forged-carbon micro-pyramids, a technical challenge due to this material's brittle physical property. The result is a very modern aesthetic that contrasts with the 12 golden sunbeams that appear one after another until the sun has spread its beams across the entire dial, then flipping over one by one, thereby gradually darkening a dial.
Fitted into a Black DLC 44mm titanium case with the iconic skeletonized lugs, the manual wound movement has been entirely developed by Frederic Jouvenot.
It pays homage to the finest Swiss watchmaking tradition, comprising a balance with screws, the angled and polished finishing of the bridges in “Côtes de Genève”, the angled and polished steel pawl spring with honed finishing.
Frederic Jouvenot is a Swiss independent Master-watchmaker, having worked for most prestigious and innovative manufactures, and developing for years some of the most amazing Grandes Complications.
Frederic Jouvenot Helios Carbon
Limited edition of 88 pieces
- Material: Titanium case, Black DLC coating
- Dimensions: 44 x 55mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Sapphire glass and case back with antireflective coating
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
Dial and hands
- Three-dimensional dial with 12 forged-carbon micro-pyramids
- 12 sunbeams hour-display with 12 jumping hours indicating day and night (patented system)
- Central Minute rotating disc
- In-house mechanical movement developed by Frederic Jouvenot
- Manual winding
- Diameter: 12 mm
- Height: 5 mm
- Mainplate and bridges beveled and decorated with “Côtes de Genève”
- Screw-adjusted balance, frequency of 28,800 vph
- Number of components: 100
- Number of jewels: 42
- Power reserve of 50 hours
Strap and buckle
- Black DLC titanium folding clasp
- Black alligator leather strap
MSRP: CHF 39'000
For more information, please visit fjouvenot.com