Jacob & Co. Epic X Chrono Orange for Only Watch 2021
Jacob & Co. will once again participate in the biannual Only Watch Charity Auction on November 6 in Geneva, contributing a reinterpreted version of the sportiest watch in its repertoire of timepieces.
This version of the Epic X Chrono Black Titanium features orange details in keeping with the color theme of the 2021 Only Watch auction. The color scheme is being interpreted by Jacob & Co. as a new bright orange sunrise following more than a year spent in the darkness of the global coronavirus pandemic.
A Bright Orange Sunrise
The 47mm black DLC Grade 5 titanium case, black ceramic bezel and black mineral crystal dial are offset by bold orange highlights on the screw-down crowns, pushers, lugs, chapter ring and mineral dial. This color theme is completed with an openworked orange rubber strap. The design of the case and dial retains its iconic bold “X” shape.
"The global coronavirus pandemic is far from over, but we are beginning to see a bright orange sunrise on the horizon," said Jacob Arabo, founder of Jacob & Co. "We are now returning to a time when we can visit and hug our friends and loved ones. I am certainly looking forward to attending the live Only Watch auction in person and seeing my friends and colleagues."
The Epic X Chrono Black Titanium is powered by the Jacob&Co JCAA05 – a semi-skeletonized automatic bi-compax chronograph movement with detailed high-end finishes and a 48-hour power reserve. The watch is controlled by two pushers (start/stop and reset). The seconds are counted by the central chronograph hand and the minutes are clocked by a right subdial.
The dial features a smoked sapphire glass that provides a partial view of the semi-skeletonized movement. A bright red chronograph central seconds hand is offset by the two black and orange sundials in the bi-compax layout. The tips of the black skeleton minute and hour hands are topped with white SuperLuminova. A black chapter ring has the hours, minutes and seconds in orange and yellow. A push-down crown at 10 o'clock allows the ring to rotate.
All the proceeds from the sale of this watch (as with all the other watches) will go toward the scientific and medical research into Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a degenerative muscle disease.
Jacob & Co. Epic X Chrono Orange Only Watch
Unique piece for Only Watch 2021
- Material: Black DLC Grade 5 Titanium; Black Ceramic Bezel; Orange Rubber Push Downs Pushers and Screw Down Crowns
- Diameter: 47 mm
- Thickness: 14 mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Caseback: Smoked Sapphire glass
- Water-resistant to 200 meters
Dial and hands
- Dial: Smoked Sapphire Glass; Black & Orange Satin-Finished Anodized Aluminium Inner Rings
- Hands: Skeleton with White Super-Luminova; Orange Chronograph
- Caliber: Exclusive Skeleton Bi-Compax Chronograph Self-Winding Jacob&Co JCAA05
- Diameter: 30.40mm
- Height: 8.40mm
- Number of parts: 260
- Number of jewels: 27
- Frequency: 28’800 vph (4 Hz)
- Power reserve of 48 hours
- System: Column-Wheel Balance Screws; Anti-shock
- Open Barrel; ColumnWheel finishes: Angled, Polished and Drawn; Anthracite Rotor with Red Lacquered Engraving “Jacob & Co Genève”, Circular Grained Bridges
- Hours, Minutes; Minute,
- Seconds Chronograph; Small-Second Indicator at 9 o’clock;
- Minute Counter at 3 o’clock;
- Rotating Inner Bezel Ring Timer;
- Centered Chronograph Hand
Strap and buckle
- Strap: Openworked Rubber
- Clasp: Black DLC Titanium Deployment Clasp
MSRP: Up for auction
Estimate: CHF 20'000 - 25'000
For more information, please visit onlywatch.com