MB&F M.A.D.1 Blue Edition
For the past 16 years, MB&F has been creating other-worldly horological machines; MB&F founder and creative director Maximilian Büsser loves creating these insane mechanical timepieces, as complex as they are limited. Nonetheless, Max has been playing with a side project for quite some time now: creating a machine that is more accessible, under another label, but always with his crazy touch. The result is finally here: the “M.A.D.1”.
The typically MB&F lateral time display is obtained thanks to two aluminium alloy cylinders for the hours and minutes, engraved and boosted with Super-LumiNova. The 42mm case is in stainless steel.
What makes this M.A.D.1 special? As you’ll see in the video below, the fully visible automatic winding rotor – the star of the show! – but also the lateral time display, as shown in the photos. MB&F has selected one of the rare automatic movements with unidirectional winding (essential for an easy, high-speed rotation), the well-known and reliable Miyota 821A, which we flipped upside-down – a nod to HM3 and HM8 – to showcase a pretty crazy triple-blade winding rotor, crafted in titanium and tungsten.
The M.A.D.1 is reserved in priority for the partners who have been conceiving and manufacturing MB&F watches for the past 16 years, “Friends” and members of The Tribe, who have supported the atelier from the beginning by adopting its creations.
If you are a member of the tribe and the M.A.D.1 has a place in your collection and you would like to place an order, please visit mbandf.com; you can also see the piece at the M.A.D.Gallery in Geneva. The price is CHF 1'900 + VAT, and the pieces will be delivered between July and December.
MB&F M.A.D.1 Blue Edition
Available only to members of the MB&F "Tribe"
- Material: Stainless steel
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Thickness: 18.8 mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal on top, main section in mineral glass
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
- Lateral time indication
- Blue aluminium hour cylinder
- Grey aluminium minute cylinder
- Pointer between the bottom lugs
- Engraved numerals filled with Super-LumiNova
- Inverted Miyota 821A automatic movement with winding rotor on top and lateral time display system
- Revolving hour and minute rings in aluminium alloy, engraved numbers with Super-LumiNova
- Winding rotor in titanium and tungsten, Super-LumiNova highlights
- Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
- Power reserve of 42 hours
Strap and buckle
- Light grey calfskin leather
- Folding buckle in stainless steel
MSRP: CHF 1'900
For more information, please visit mbandf.com