Mido Ocean Star Tribute Special Edition
Mido reveals a special edition of the Ocean Star Tribute in a seaside hue. Cutting-edge performance, vintage style and interchangeable straps make this magnificent diving watch a must-have timepiece.
The new Ocean Star Tribute Special Edition shows its passion for the water in shades of blue adorning its bezel, its primary rubber strap and its dial in a graduated selection of hues. The timepiece also comes with many vintage nods that recall Mido’s age-old watchmaking know-how: an elegant second bracelet in Milanese mesh, a ‘glassbox’-style sapphire crystal, and a 40.5 mm-diameter case reminiscent of the modest dimensions favoured in the past.
These retro features are combined with very contemporary performance factors: white Super-LumiNova®, the formidably reliable Caliber 80 and Nivachron™ balance-spring. The Ocean Star Tribute benefits from Mido’s historic expertise in water resistance, as it is suitable for use up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft). This seafaring adventurer will be at home on the wrists of sports fans and those who appreciate vintage style alike.
Designed for performance
The matt dial of the Ocean Star Tribute Special Edition presents graduated shades of blue, from sky blue in the centre to dark blue around the edges. Designed to ensure safe time measurement, the unidirectional rotating bezel in a matching shade recalls its seafaring origins. For perfect legibility, the hour, minute and seconds hands are flat diamond-cut and coated with white Super-LumiNova®, as are the indexes.
A luminescent white dot also marks the bezel at 12 o’clock to guarantee readability in the depths. Another very practical feature is the date shown in an aperture at 3 o’clock. Finally, an ultra-resistant ‘glassbox’-style sapphire crystal protects the dial. This new Ocean Star Tribute comes with two strap options: a blue textured rubber strap for a high-adrenaline look, and a second more retro and elegant Milanese mesh bracelet.
Tested by the seas
The 40.5 mm diameter of the Ocean Star Tribute – reasonable for its sporty design – sits comfortably on a range of wrist sizes. With its polished gleam, the stainless steel case features a screwed crown and is protected from unintentional adjustments on the sides.
The case back, also screwed, is adorned with a polished starfish in relief in a nod to the collection’s history and excellent water resistance – guaranteed up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft) on this model. The formidably reliable Caliber 80 offers an exceptional power reserve of up to 80 hours and, despite being hidden from view, is finely decorated with Geneva stripes on the oscillating weight and an engraved Mido logo.
Showcasing a combination of retro charm and cutting-edge technological performance, the Ocean Star Tribute Special Edition is an irresistible sporty timepiece in shades of blue with interchangeable straps.
Mido Ocean Star Tribute Special Edition
- Material: Polished stainless steel
- Diameter: Ø40.5 mm
- Unidirectional rotating bezel with blue aluminium ring and silver-coloured marking, white Super-LumiNova® dot at 12 o’clock
- Glass: Box sapphire crystal
- Screwed crown and screwed case back with polished starfish in relief and serial number
- Water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft)
Dial and hands
- Matt, in light blue transitioning to navy blue on the edges, printed indexes with white Super-LumiNova®, date at 3 o’clock.
- Flat diamond-cut hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova®. Flat diamond-cut sweep-seconds hand with white Super-LumiNova® dot.
- Automatic Mido Caliber 80 (ETA C07.621 base)
- Diameter: 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm
- Height: 5.31 mm
- Number of jewels: 25
- Frequency: 21,600 vph
- Nivachron™ balance-spring
- Finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and the Mido logo.
- Adjusted in 3 different positions for high accuracy
- Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- HMSD + day
Strap and buckle
- Stainless steel bracelet in polished Milanese mesh, sliding clasp offering optimised and secure adjustment.
- Additional strap in semi-glossy navy blue textured rubber, polished pin buckle with engraved Mido logo.
For more information, please visit midowatches.com