Moritz Grossmann Hamatic Vintage Cream
- Cream-coloured dial in a vintage style
- Violet stylistic elements in the movement and on the dial
- Traditional automatic hammer mechanism
- Limited edition in white gold, 25 watches worldwide
Fourteen years ago, the Moritz Grossmann manufactory was founded by Christine Hutter in Glashütte, thus reviving the name of this remarkable watchmaker. An occasion to celebrate. On 11 November 2022, the manufactory will present the perfect combination of aesthetics and mechanics in the form of the HAMATIC Vintage Cream. While the cream-coloured dial in vintage style is reminiscent of the historic watches made by Moritz Grossmann, the violet numerals and hands act as a link to the movement. Violet-annealed screws are just some of the elaborate decorations incorporated into the in-house manufactory calibre – a hallmark of Moritz Grossmann's craftsmanship.
Grossmann was an exceptionally talented man and had a profound impact on watchmaking in Glashütte with his skills. He is still held in extremely high regard in the Saxon watchmaking town even now, a century and a half later. And it was this spirit that the Moritz Grossmann manufactory invoked when it was re-established 14 years ago, pledging to continue the legacy of its namesake. This has been achieved through timepieces whose movements fascinate with a host of details, just like the dial, hands and case. In this vein, the manufactory is now celebrating its 14th birthday and has launched the HAMATIC Vintage Cream to mark this anniversary.
With its expressive vintage character, the watch embodies good, traditional craftsmanship and the work of Moritz Grossmann himself, who was famous for his pocket watches during his lifetime. His style influenced the dial design of the anniversary watch with its classic white gold case, the nostalgic typography of the Roman hour numerals and the historic Moritz Grossmann logo from 1875. The cream tone of the dial, which is made from solid silver and is lacquered, only serves to emphasise the charm of this watch.
A further homage to the old master is the fine poiré-shaped hands, just like the ones Moritz Grossmann once used for his pocket watches. The hands are still made painstakingly by hand in the manufactory, which is unusual even in the world of haute horology. They are then annealed by hand, giving them an expressive violet hue. The dial print in the same shade emphasises the effect of the hands.
And the colour creates a link to the movement of the HAMATIC Vintage Cream: in addition to artistic cuts and surface finishes, the elaborate finishing on the highly refined manufactory calibre 106.0 also includes the screws annealed in a violet shade. They match the dial perfectly.
Calibre 106.0 – traditional automatic hammer mechanism
The construction of the movement also impresses as it incorporates the traditional automatic hammer mechanism from the 19th century and generates energy by means of a moving hammer rather than the rotor that is usual with an automatic movement. It is triggered by the arm movements of the wearer, gliding back and forth like a pendulum and thereby winding the movement. This newly developed hammer winding mechanism is bidirectional and equipped with a highly efficient and reliable mechanism that has two click wheels. The construction also facilitates an intriguing view of the movement.
The classic, refined white gold case of the anniversary watch HAMATIC Vintage Cream is worn on a strap made from black alligator leather and is limited to 25 watches.
Moritz Grossmann Hamatic Vintage Cream
Limited edition of 25 pieces
- Material: 750/000 gold
- Diameter: 41mm
- Thickness: 13.35mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal, antireflective coating on one side
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal, antireflective coating on one side
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
Dial and hands
- Solid silver dial, cream-coloured with Roman numerals
- Manually crafted hands, annealed to a violet hue
- Manufactory calibre 106.0
- Automatic winding, regulated in five positions
- Diameter: 36.40 mm
- Thickness: 5.15 mm
- Number of parts: 312
- Number of jewels: 38, of which 3 in screwed gold chatons
- Frequency: 21'600 vph (3 Hz)
- Escapement: Lever escapement
- Oscillator: Shock-resistant Grossmann balance with 4 inertia screws and 2 poising screws, Nivarox 1 balance spring
- Power reserve of 72 hours when fully wound
- Hour and minute, small second with stop seconds
Strap and buckle
- Hand-stitched alligator leather with prong buckle in 750/000 gold
MSRP: EUR 45'700
For more information, please visit Moritz Grossmann website.