Ollech & Wajs 56 M Limited Edition
OW 56 M: History upcycled.
A production journey that started decades ago concludes with the new – but not so new – Ollech & Wajs 56 M. Not just inspired by history, but a piece of history itself. A watch that combines vintage new old stock parts with contemporary parts. The 38 mm case is upcycled from unused stock, originally acquired by Ollech & Wajs in the late 90s but manufactured several years earlier. Its classic silhouette is a throwback to the military pilot watches of the late 1940s, and collectors of vintage OW will recognise it from historic models such as the Valjoux 7733 Flieger and the MP series.
In reference to OW’s long military heritage, Morse code dots and dashes have been incorporated into the bezel and dial, with a combination of white and beige Super-LumiNova®.
The 56 M utilises OW’s last remaining stock of ETA 2824 automatic movements, which have been fully serviced and reconditioned after many years in the vault. Other parts upcycled from the OW historic inventory include the traditional plexiglass crystal and the admiralty-grey dial.
One detail that breaks with tradition are the words ‘Ollech & Wajs’ printed on the dial. The 56 M is only the second watch in OW's 67-year history to bear the founders’ names on a dial. Our watches usually only carry the company initials, framed by the famous propellor monogram. This deviation is to ensure that years from now the 56 M will be easily identified as a vintage / new stock hybrid and will not be confused with earlier OW models sharing the same parts.
The watch is presented on a rugged, heavy-gauge, stainless steel mesh bracelet, with ‘OWZ 1956’ engraved on a thorn buckle.
Given the finite availability of parts, the OW 56 M will be limited to only 56 numbered pieces. The price is 1,356 CHF, inclusive of shipping and all import taxes. To secure your place on the reserve list, send an email to email@example.com, including your full name, postal address, phone number and email address. One reservation per person. We will contact the successful reservees to request a deposit once the list is closed. Shipping is expected to commence late 2023.
Ollech & Wajs 56 M
Reference: OW 56 M
Limited edition of 56 pieces
- Material: NOS brushed 316L stainless steel screwed back and screwed crown, finished in the Swiss Jura
- Diameter: 38 mm
- Thickness: 11.5 mm
- Lug-to-lug: 45 mm
- Glass: NOS plexiglass crystal
- Bezel: 12-hour markers in Morse code dots and dashes (spelling ‘SOS’), in white Super-LumiNova®
- Crown: Screw-down, engraved OW logo
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
Dial and hands
- Hands and hour indexes in beige Super-LumiNova®
- 5-second numerals printed (non-lume)
- Automatic ETA 2824
- Number of jewels: 25
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz), with a power reserve of +/- 38 h
- Mainplate engraved ‘Ollech & Wajs Zurich 1956’, and OW-machined rotor (time only)
- Hours, minutes, seconds
Strap and buckle
- 20 mm heavy-gauge, stainless steel mesh bracelet, hand-brushed; ‘OWZ 1956’ engraved on a thorn buckle
MSRP: CHF 1'356
For more information, please visit ow-watch.ch