Perrelet Turbine "Hope" Unique Piece for Only Watch
Perrelet, the prestigious Swiss watchmaking house with roots dating back to 1777, is honoured to participate in the 9th edition of the charity timepiece auction ONLY WATCH to benefit research into Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Under the patronage of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco and the leadership of its founder and organiser Luc Pettavino, this important event will take place on November 6th – under the hammer of Christie's – at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues in Geneva.
ONLY WATCH is an extraordinary driving force for hope into finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and "Hope" is the leitmotif of this unique piece created by Perrelet to support this worthy initiative.
Especially conceived for ONLY WATCH, the "TURBINE HOPE" boasts an innovative case with a stainless steel bezel with black PVD coating and a central body made of polycarbonate and carbon fibre. A first for Perrelet, the properties of carbon fibre include its thermal insulation capacity, its resistance to chemical agents and temperature changes. Moreover, it is very light and comfortable on the wrist, 44 mm in diameter and 13.82 mm in thickness, the case has a sporty look with a refined aesthetic appeal thanks to the flat, smooth bezel and the fluted case band–a signature feature of the brand.
Perrelet is renowned for its unique representation of the automatic movement thanks to its patented Double Rotor and Turbine technology. The famous 12-blade dial, a distinctive design code of all Perrelet's Turbine models, is protected under a sapphire glass. The original 3D effect created by the blades gives the impression of diving into the heart of the dial. The propeller, picked out in black anodised aluminium with five tungsten counterweights, rotates in time to the motions of the wrist. As the blades spin, a lower sub-dial reveals a medley of positive words: hope, love, support, volunteer, life, social, community. The word "HOPE", highlighted in bright orange, is the dial's protagonist and features an original letter "O" formed by a fluffy white cloud with a rainbow. This design was inspired by paintings made by Italian children at the beginning of the pandemic in Italy and is a powerful symbol of hope that “everything will be alright” and that thanks to the ongoing progress of medical and scientific research, the virus will be defeated.
The Arabic numerals on the flange and the hours and minutes hands are covered with white Super-LumiNova for optimal legibility in any light conditions. As a final touch of refinement, the words printed on the sub-dial are luminescent with green light emission. The central seconds hand and the indices are picked out in orange to match the word HOPE.
"TURBINE HOPE" is powered by the new generation in-house automatic calibre P-331-MH. Chronometer-certified by COSC and Chronofiable, it beats at 28,800 vph and has a 42-hour power reserve.
The transparent porthole on the case back offers a view of the refined finishes on the bridges and its elegant open-worked oscillating weight, which is mounted on ball bearings and personalised with the House logo. The crystal caseback displays the transferred logo "Only Watch 2021"and the inscription "Unique Piece".
Looking carefully at the case back, the ring in black PVD stainless steel surrounding the sapphire crystal echoes the same decorative grooves featured on the sides of the case. The convex channels are lined up at precisely the same position as the concave channels on the case. A small yet refined detail that underlines the meticulous care Perrelet invests in every single detail.
"TURBINE HOPE" comes with a customized bi-material orange strap made of rubber and water-resistant calf leather with black stitching, fitted with a pin buckle in black PVD stainless steel and embellished with the Perrelet logo. The timepiece is also equipped with an additional and comfortable bi-material orange strap in rubber and fabric for a more casual look.
Perrelet Turbine "HOPE" - Edition ONLY WATCH
Unique piece for Only Watch 2021
- Material: Polycarbonate and carbon fibre
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Thickness: 13.82 mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal glass with double anti-reflective treatment on dial.
- Bezel: Stainless steel with black PVD coating
- Caseback in stainless steel with black PVD coating, transparent sapphire glass porthole, with inscription "Only Watch 2021 – Unique Piece".
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
Dial and hands
- Black sub-dial with white luminescent printed words, white Super-LumiNova with green glow
- Turbine technology
- 12 black anodised aluminium turbine blades with five tungsten counterweights
- Central luminescent hour and minute hands
- Central seconds hand in orange
- Luminescent Arabic numerals and indices
- Perrelet in-house calibre P-331-MH
- Mechanical movement with automatic winding
- COSC and Chronofiable certified.
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Number of jewels: 25
- Open-worked and rhodium-plated oscillating weight with Perrelet logo
- Power reserve of 42 hours
- Hours, minutes and seconds
Strap and buckle
- Bi-material strap in rubber and water-resistant orange calf leather with black stitching
- Additional bi-material strap in rubber and orange fabric
- Pin buckle in black PVD stainless steel embellished with the Perrelet logo
MSRP: Up for auction
Estimate: CHF 8'000-12'000
For more information, please visit onlywatch.com